[Numpy-discussion] numarray on Cygwin

Jochen Küpper jochen at unc.edu
Tue May 7 08:14:03 EDT 2002

On Tue, 07 May 2002 08:57:00 -0400 Todd Miller wrote:

Todd> Jochen Küpper wrote:

>> I am trying to run numarray on Cygwin.
>> (Where Numeric seems to work fine.)
>>
>> In order to compile it I had to change the use of round to rint, as
>> Cygwin's C library (newlib) doesn't have round.  The patch is
>> attached.

Todd> Trying to call a PyCObject is a symptom of an inconsistent
Todd> installation.

That was easy.  I am not sure why a
,----
| python setup.py build --force
| python setup.py install --force
`----
didn't do it "right" automatically (it definitely /should/), but
deleting everyting in site-packages and reinstalling works.

The remaining question is how to deal with round:
a) Use rint instead of round everywhere.
b) We use rint but make sure we are using the correct rounding mode.
c) We write our own round function using floor or ceil and use that on
   Cygwin.
d) We use rint on Cygwin, round everywhere else.

Greetings,
Jochen
--
University of North Carolina                       phone: +1-919-962-4403
Department of Chemistry                            phone: +1-919-962-1579