[Numpy-discussion] Announcing PyQwt = FAST and EASY data plotting for Python, Numeric and Qt!
gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu May 30 00:20:02 EDT 2002
PyQwt = FAST and EASY data plotting for Python, Numeric and Qt!
PyQwt is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library.
The Qwt library extends the Qt framework with widgets for
scientific and engineering applications. It contains QwtPlot,
a 2d plotting widget, and widgets for data input/output such as
and QwtCounter, QwtKnob, QwtThermo and QwtWheel.
PyQwt requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
PyQwt requires Numeric. Numeric extends the Python language
with new data types that make Python an ideal language for
numerical computing and experimentation (maybe less efficient
than MatLab, but more expressive).
The home page of PyQwt is http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr
NEW and IMPORTANT FEATURES of PyQwt-sip324_041:
1. requires PyQt-3.2.4 and sip-3.2.4.
2. implements practically all public and protected member
functions of Qwt-0.4.1.
3. compatible with Numeric-21.0 and lower.
4. simplified setup.py script for Unix/Linux and Windows.
5. *.exe installer for Windows (requires Qt-2.3.0-NC).
6. HTML documentation with installation instructions and a
reference listing the Python calls to PyQwt that are different
from the corresponding C++ calls to Qwt.
7. Tested on Linux with Qt-2.3.1 and Qt-3.0.4. Tested on Windows
More information about the NumPy-Discussion