[Numpy-discussion] libnumarray.h and NO_IMPORT_ARRAY

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Tue Oct 8 08:28:06 EDT 2002

Philip Austin wrote:

>Currently libnumarray.h doesn't implement this -- is there
>another way to compile a multiple file project which
>initializes the API just once?

Hopefully you got my earlier message about this.   Since I CC'ed
numpy-discussion and never saw it there,  I've included it below.  But,
assuming you saw it,  I think what you need is in CVS now.

Todd

Todd Miller             jmiller at stsci.edu
STSCI / SSB

My earlier response:

Someone else asked for this recently, and the solution is half-way
implemented in CVS now.   I'll finish it this morning so that it works
the way you're used to, but the next "official" numarray release is
still a ways off.   So, if you still want to port now, here are the
caveats:

1.  Numarray CVS was working as of Friday on Windows, Linux, Solaris,
and Tru64.

2.  Use the "Numeric compatible" portion of the C-API.  This API is a
subset of the Numeric API which may cause you trouble.  Let me know if
it does.  Don't use the "native" NDInfo based APIs because they're
headed for deprecation.

3.  The version you'll be working with has not yet been widely used and
may have significant bugs I don't know about.  It does pass all its unit
tests on all our platforms.