[Numpy-discussion] Dyadic Python

Paul F Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Sat Oct 12 21:33:05 EDT 2002

What took me a long while to appreciate is that inheriting from Numeric
wasn't going to do me any good precisely because any operation such as
a+b was going to produce an array not one of my new foos, unless I
overrode it. So in fact you end up having to override darn near
everything. I can only suggest MA as an example. People have succeeded
in similar tasks by starting with the MA source and changing it to suit.

Welcome to geek heaven.