[Numpy-discussion] PyMatrix: Announcement

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Dec 11 10:46:02 EST 2003

Thanks for the reply.
PEP 225  is from Sept-2000  and http://matpy.sourceforge.net and dated from Mar-2002 (Python 2.0)

That is about the results I got from my first google-groups search.  What is the current thinking about this ?
Looks to me like the "new operator" idea is dead. Or ??

I actually like (read: could live with)  alternative 4 in PEP 225: which is, to provide operator overloading for what I call
"different views"  of the same matrix / image.  How difficult is this to implement ?
(What is the real difference to alternative 3 ?  They both have m1.E * m2.E . )

Regards,
Sebastian