[Numpy-discussion] numarray 0.4 on osX/darwin
jmiller at stsci.edu
Fri Jan 31 07:31:01 EST 2003
Sebastian Haase wrote:
>I tried a 'python2.2 setup.py install'
>of numarray on a Mac running os-X (10.1; I have also Fink installed)
>I starts crunching until:
>/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>Anyone out there, who uses numarray on osX ?
>I'm thankful for any pointer...
I am very much a Mac-Amateur, but I have run numarray under osX by
first installing a local UNIX version of Python using the source
tarball. The steps were roughly as follows:
1. Obtain and unpack the Python source tarball in you home directory.
2. Configure Python using: ./configure --prefix=$HOME
3. Edit the Makefile for the following:
< LDFLAGS= -framework System -framework CoreServices -framework
This was the only (reasonable) way I could figure out how to tunnel link
time options down through the distutils in the proper command line
order. I'm not really sure this is a minimal set of frameworks, but it
did at least work.
4. Build and install python: make ; make install
5. Obtain and unpack the numarray source tarball. cd there.
6. Build and install numarray: python setupall.py install
7. Put $HOME/bin on your PATH and rehash.
>This SF.NET email is sponsored by:
>SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See!
>Numpy-discussion mailing list
>Numpy-discussion at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the NumPy-Discussion