[Numpy-discussion] linking Python, GSL and mysql

o.mekkaoui o.mekkaoui at free.fr
Fri Jul 11 02:45:52 EDT 2003

Hi,
I used Numeric, GSL and mysql to create some C python extension.
The objective is to make requests and after are stocked in a python array.
 So this work fine with python1.5 and Numeric17 using:

gcc -c GnoStructTC.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I/usr/include/python-I/usr/lib/python/config1.5 -I/usr/inlude/mysql
-I/usr/lib/mysql
gcc -shared GnoStructTC.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lmysqlclient -o GnoStructTC.so

Now, with Python 2.2 and Numeric22 : this don't work (default
segmentation) and I can't create my array

On other hand,  if I just create simple array using
gcc -c GnoStructTC.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/python2.2
-I/usr/lib/python2.2/config
gcc -shared GnoStructTC.o -o GnoStructTC.so
there are no problem.

Perhaps there are some mistakes in the compilation or a conflit between
Numeric and GSL.

Any idea.

Thanks in advance.