[Numpy-discussion] Object arrays for numarray / What do you use Numeric object arrays for?

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jul 17 04:26:29 EDT 2003

>>>>> "Todd" == Todd Miller <jmiller at stsci.edu> writes:

Todd> I don't understand the difference between your module and
Todd> Python's mmap.

>> The code could use probably the Python mmap module.  It would be
>> difficult because all access to the Python mmap object is via
>> Python.
>>
>> A CObject exported API in the Python mmap module would be very
>> useful.

Todd> What do you want to get via the CObject API?  Since any mmap can
Todd> be treated as a buffer, it's easy to get a pointer and size via
Todd> the Python buffer API in C. Is there something else you need?

Nope.  I wonder why I didn't realise that...  Too stupid I suppose.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au