[Numpy-discussion] Please help - pointer to slice

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 7 11:27:01 EST 2003

Thanks, SO MUCH ...
I almost went crazy yesterday - and was really desperate by the time I wrote
that email.
Somehow I newer needed that offset field until now.  So: when I do the
NA_InputArray call  I get a "proper" C-array
just that it does NOT necessarily start at  NAimg->data
but rather at
NAimg->data + NAimg->byteoffset

Again: thanks so much.
BTW: Is there general interest in my SWIG typemaps. (SWIG is maybe the
easiest way to wrap C/C++ functions (and classes)
into Python (and/or Perl, Java, Ruby,...) ?  I think especially for
numerical stuff, that "link" in of interest.

Sebastian