[Numpy-discussion] Numarray 0.5

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Tue May 20 10:08:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 12:19, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> Hi All,
> After I read this thread I thought I would wait a bit before upgrading my
> numarray (from 0.4) -
numarray-0.6 is probably not far off;  if you're on the fence, you might
want to sit this out.

However, there is a new API function which I added in response to your
last post: NA_NewAllFromBuffer() which enables you to create arrays in C
from existing buffer objects rather than just C arrays.  Also, I
modified setup.py to support independent build and install.  Both of
these new features are under tested.  Let me know how it works out.

> Are the mentioned fixes available somewhere ?
All of the problems Peter found have been fixed as of yesterday.  The
fixes are checked into CVS on Source Forge in the numarray component of
the numpy project.

Instructions for doing an anonymous numarray cvs checkout are here:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=1369

These basically say to:

% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/numpy login
% cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/numpy co
numarray

> Or actually: Is the CVS version publicly readable and - if so - would you
> recommend using that ?

If you check out today,  you'll be OK. I tagged "now" as v0_5_2 which
will never be "officially released" but which just passed all self-tests
under i386-Linux.

Todd

Todd Miller 			jmiller at stsci.edu
STSCI / ESS / SSB