[Numpy-discussion] PyMatrix: Announcement

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 24 05:18:02 EST 2003

PyMatrix is available for test and review.
     http://www3.sympatico.ca/cjw

PyMatrix provides access to basic matrix arithmetic, using Python and
numarray.

Examples:
          A * B                   =>               the product of
matrices A and B
          A.I                       =>               the inverse of matrix A
          A.EVectors           =>               the eigenvectors of A
          A.var(0)               =>               the variances of the
columns of A
          (a.T*a).I * a.T*b  =>               the solution (x) for a *
x  =  b,
                                                        where a is a
matrix and b a column vector

This package was developed on a Windows XP.  I would appreciate
comments, particularly with respect to usage on other systems.

Colin W.