[Numpy-discussion] OT:pretty print of reals (was: Community Poll: numarray default underflow handling == "ignore" ?)

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 24 11:12:05 EST 2003

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for the code - I will look into it
I just read a few lines of your MatrixFormatter class seeing the definition
of __repr__.

Here is a thought: Is it possible that I overload the __repr__ of float
(that is: the buildin data type) !?
When I use pyCrust it automatically "fills in" default arguments like,
func(a=0.1000000000001)
So, this probably does not call the sys.displayhook - so __repr__ itself
would need to be changed.
Do you know if that is possible ? (It would recursively fix all list and
matrix display problems I had ...)

Thanks again,
Sebastian