[Numpy-discussion] Using new numeric instances in NumArray and RecArray.

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivilata at carabos.com
Mon Dec 13 08:24:11 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 07:53:27AM -0500, Todd Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 12:39 +0100, Ivan Vilata i Balaguer wrote:
> [...]
> >       Is it possible to integrate new types seamlessly into NumArray and
> >   RecArray objects?
>
> I don't know.  No one else has asked for it yet so you're in unfamiliar
> territory.  It does seem (to me anyway) like it would complicate an
> already complex system.  What are you trying to do?

  I'm trying to define new types that can be handled as normal types in
  numarray, but being different (distinguishable) from their equivalent
  types.  For instance, an array of MyInt32 should work exactly as an
  Int32 array, but I would need to know it is a MyInt32 array and not an
  Int32 one.

      However, I you believe that the system is not prepared for that
  (or it would require too much work) I will try to identify it by some
  external means.  Thank you anyway for your prompt answer.

  Best regards,
      Ivan

--
Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   >qo<   http://www.carabos.com/