[Numpy-discussion] copying ctypes arrays to numarray?

RJ rays at san.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 17:05:29 EST 2004

Doh.
Thanks Todd,

At 04:55 PM 12/16/2004 -0500, Todd Miller wrote:
>  try: repr(src._data)
>Other buffers, e.g. a string, might not.

Which is fine for this app, so I will.

>It looks to me like you forgot to import Numeric

Yep. I screwed up the import statements - I'll re-do it tomorrow. In that light, it is interesting that the assign N were always longer than the n ones...

>To be safe, check the .is_c_array() method.

Will do. I am also a little concerned about the address changing in a long-running process (literally, weeks), so I might check that too.

Also, why is assignment from a (ctypes.c_long * 2000)() to a numarray so much slower than a memmove()? Does the assign make a temp buffer?

Ray