[Numpy-discussion] UInt64 support in FreeBSD?

Francesc Alted falted at openlc.org
Fri Jan 2 07:53:03 EST 2004

Hi,

Some people wanting to use pytables on FreeBSD would like to have UInt64
support, but numarray lacks support for it on this platform. As FreeBSD uses
gcc compiler, I think it's just a matter to add an "freebsd4-i386" entry in
generate.py.

Todd, may you please add such a support? Regarding to the other parameters,
LP64 (long pointer), HAS_FLOAT128 (128 floating point), I'm not sure, but
perhaps they maybe similar to the "linux2" platform. Anyone using FreeBSD
can give more hints?

Happy new year!,

--
Francesc Alted