[Numpy-discussion] numarray C api examples

Craig Rasmussen crasmussen at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 29 08:30:01 EST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 2:49 PM, Todd Miller wrote:

> To install the examples, just install numarray.  The examples are then
> found in the package numarray.examples.convolve.  If you want to write
> your own extension,  my advice is to stick with the numpy compatible
> interfaces.  A close second is the numarray "high level" interface.

Does numarray have the equivalent of PyArray_FromDimsAndData()?

This function is critical for the work I'm doing on Co-Array
Python (because it is essentially a distributed array module with
Co-Array syntax, it must use memory allocated by C) and for using
Fortran memory for Numeric or numarray arrays.

Regards,
Craig