[Numpy-discussion] corrcoeff on big matrix

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 16 19:20:12 EST 2004

I'm puzzled that anyone would want to explore the correlation among 42
variables.  I would suggest (1) having a go with the more significant of
the 42 variables and (2) working with a a much smaller sample, say < 4,000.

Todd Miller wrote:
[snip]

>On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 10:41, CL WU wrote:
>

>One possibility is to consider using Float32 to stretch out your
>memory.  I don't know whether that's numerically viable or not.
>
>Another way is 64-bit computing.  That is largely unexplored territory,
>and Python itself has issues there.  It will likely take some work
>because we haven't done it yet ourselves.

Todd,

I'd be grateful if you could clarify this, do we nor have _nt.Float64 now?

Colin W.