[Numpy-discussion] ANN: SciPy 2004 Conference - Python for Scientific Computing

Travis N. Vaught travis at enthought.com
Thu May 6 05:30:02 EDT 2004

Greetings,

The 1st annual *SciPy Conference* will be held this year at Caltech,
September 2-3, 2004.  As some of you may know, we've experienced great
participation in two SciPy "Workshops" (with ~70 attendees in both 2002
and 2003) and this year we're graduating to a "conference."  With the
prestige of a conference comes the responsibility of a keynote address.
This year, Jim Hugunin has answered the call and will be speaking to
kickoff the meeting on Thursday September 2nd.  Jim is the creator of
Numeric Python, Jython, and co-designer of AspectJ. Jim is currently
working on IronPython--a fast implementation of Python for .NET and Mono.

Registration is now open.  More information can be found here:

http://www.scipy.org/wikis/scipy04

You may register early online for $100.00.  Registration includes
breakfast and lunch Thursday & Friday and a very nice dinner Thursday
night.  After July 16, registration will cost $150.00.

Call for Presenters:
If you are interested in presenting at the conference, you may submit an
abstract in Plain Text, PDF or MS Word formats to abstracts at scipy.org --
the deadline for abstract submission is July 1, 2004.  Papers and/or
presentation slides are acceptable and are due by August 20, 2004.

We're also planning three days of informal "Coding Sprints" prior to the
conference -- August 30 to September 1, 2004.  Conference registration
is not required to participate in the sprints.  Please email the list,
however, if you plan to attend.  Topics for these sprints will be
determined via the mailing lists as well, so please submit any
suggestions for topics to the scipy-user list: