[Numpy-discussion] image correlations

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri May 21 12:24:02 EDT 2004

I have a series of luminance images that I want to do some correlation
analyses on.  Each image is an MxN frame of a movie.  I want to
compute the correlation between a given pixel i,j, and every other
pixel in the image over each frame.  That is, if I assume
xij is a numFrames length time series, and xkl is another numFrames
length time series (the pixel intensities at two points in the image
over time), I want to compute the

corrcoeff(xij, xkl) for every kl with ij fixed.

I know I could do this by looping over the pixels of the image, but
I'm hoping for something a bit faster.

Any suggestions?

John Hunter