[Numpy-discussion] documentation error

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Tue Oct 12 08:42:04 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 07:00, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Stephen Walton apparently wrote:
> > Are you sure?  On my system, it appears that the second definition is
> > correct in both Numeric 23.3 and numarray 1.1.
>

> You did not quote the problematic portion:
>         The diagonal function takes an array a, and returns
>         an array of rank 1 ...

Ah, I thought you were referring to the fact that, in the first version
in the documentation, the second, named argument is given as "k" but in
the second version it is "offset". A look at the source reveals the
second keyword name is the correct one.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge