New Release of LAPACK and ScaLAPACK Planned

Jack Dongarra dongarra at cs.utk.edu
Fri Oct 15 04:10:44 EDT 2004

New Release of LAPACK and ScaLAPACK planned.

We are pleased to announce that we recently received NSF funding for new
releases of the LAPACK and ScaLAPACK linear algebra libraries.
The proposal pointed out the new and better algorithms that have been
developed by many people in the community since the first  releases of
these libraries, as well as more obvious gaps and possible improvements.

The proposal listed a large number of activities, which we now need to
prioritize. There are a number of design decisions that still need to be
made, for which we are interested in your input. For this purpose, we
would like to remind you of a web page to collect your input that we
originally announced on NA-Digest while we were preparing the proposal:

    http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-survey.html

In addition to the questions on that form, we are interested in your
opinion on all aspects of the proposal, a copy of which you may find at:

    http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~demmel/Sca-LAPACK-Proposal.pdf

Thanks,
Jim Demmel and Jack Dongarra
--=20
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, CSU Northridge

--=-vf5K3It096b9Vx529EKP

--=-vf5K3It096b9Vx529EKP--