[Numpy-discussion] Conference presentations

Travis Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Mon Sep 13 10:12:09 EDT 2004

Hi all,

The SciPy 2004 conference was a great success.  I personally enjoyed
seeing all attendees and finding out about the activity that has been
occurring with Python and Science.

As promised, all of the presentations that were submitted to
abstracts at scipy.org are now available on-line under the
conference-schedule page.

The link is

http://www.scipy.org/wikis/scipy04/ConferenceSchedule

If anyone who hasn't submitted their presentation would like to, you
still can.  As I was only able to attend the first day, I cannot comment
on the entire conference.  However, what I saw was very encouraging.
There continues to be a great amount of work being done in using Python
for Scientific Computing and the remaining problems seems to be how to
get the word out and increase the user base.

Many thanks are due to the presenters and the conference sponsors:

*The National Biomedical Computation Resource* <http://nbcr.sdsc.edu>
(NBCR, UCSD, San Diego, CA)
The mission of the National Biomedical Computation Resource at the
University of California San Diego and partners at The Scripps Research
Institute and Washington University is to conduct, catalyze, and advance
biomedical research by harnessing, developing and deploying forefront
computational, information, and grid technologies. NBCR is supported by
_National Institutes of Health (NIH) _ through a _National Center for
Research Resources_ centers grant (P 41 RR08605).

*The Center for Advanced Computing Research*
<http://www.cacr.caltech.edu/> (CACR, CalTech
<http://www.scipy.org/wikis/scipy04/CalTech>, Pasadena, CA)
CACR is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the field of
high-performance computing, communication, and data engineering. Major
activities include carrying out large-scale scientific and engineering
applications on parallel supercomputers and coordinating collaborative
research projects on high-speed network technologies, distributed
computing and database methodologies, and related topics. Our goal is to
help further the state of the art in scientific computing.

*Enthought, Inc.* <http://www.enthought.com> (Austin, TX)
Enthought, Inc. provides business and scientific computing solutions
through software development, consulting and training.

Best regards to all,

-Travis Oliphant
Brigham Young University
459 CB