[Numpy-discussion] Pycoin - Python interface to COIN/CLP Linear Programming solver

Paulo J. S. Silva pjssilva at ime.usp.br
Fri Apr 15 08:00:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am finally releasing the code I have to interface COIN/CLP linear
programming solver with Python/Numarray.

You can download the code at:

http://www.ime.usp.br/~pjssilva/pycoin/index.html

In the page you can see sample client code.

The interface is very simple, consisting mostly of swing interfaces
files, but it is very useful to me. It also can be used as an example on
how to interface C++ and Python/Numarray using swig.

I plan to make this interface grow to something much better, with an
interface to full Clp, another to OsiClp (only this one is available
right now) and maybe other COIN optimization libraries like IPOPT.

Please, download, use, test, comment.

Best,

Paulo
--
Paulo José da Silva e Silva
Professor Assistente do Dep. de Ciência da Computação

e-mail: pjssilva at ime.usp.br        Web: http://www.ime.usp.br/~pjssilva

Teoria é o que não entendemos o    (Theory is something we don't)
suficiente para chamar de prática. (understand well enough to call)
                                   (practice)