[Numpy-discussion] still no cross product for new array type

Gary Ruben gruben at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 12 05:45:39 EDT 2005

Just browsing through the new array PEP to see if there's support for
3-vector operations, such as cross product, norm, length functions.
Sadly I don't see any. It's something I think is lacking from Numeric
and numarray and would like to see implemented. Is it a deliberate
choice not to include any? I understand that vectors are sufficiently
different animals that you could argue that they shouldn't be supported.
I use them enough to think that they should be.

Gary Ruben