[Numpy-discussion] new scipyCore features in numarray - indexing...

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Dec 1 12:24:50 EST 2005

(this was posted to SciPy on 2005-11-16 16:37 - maybe I got lost ;-)
Todd,
I'm just thinking of a nice feature that I think is now part of new
 scipyCore: Mixing  index ranges in one axis with index lists in another.
Example:
   I have index 4,7,9 that I'm intrested in: use a[ [4,7,9] ]
   If I want all section I obviously just say a[ : ]
But what do I do in the 2d case where I want 4,7,9 in one axis and all in the
other ?  I understood that the new scipyCore allows a[:, [4,7,9]]
whereas numarray gives an error !?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase