[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] Thoughts on making it easier for numarray users to transition to scipy_core

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 14 10:26:13 EST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 1:28 am, Peter Verveer wrote:

> Sofar I have been very comfortable to make my package available under
> the license that is used by numarray. The same would be true for a
> scipy_core/scipy version. However, for a general C package that could
> have a much broader audience in the same way, I feel different. I
> would most likely release such a package using the GPL. In addition,
> that would allow me to  use other GPL licensed software such as GSL
> with it.

You could release it under two licenses, GPL for a C package that uses other
GPL software, and the SciPy license for the python extension.

The only thing that would kill that plan is if you use GPL code in the Python
extension.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov