[Numpy-discussion] NumPy on 64-bit Linux (Opteron)

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Tue Feb 8 03:45:16 EST 2005

Is anyone here using NumPy on Opteron machines running Linux in 64 bit
mode? I am running into problems such as:

Python 2.4 (#4, Jan 18 2005, 18:06:45)
[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-42)] on linux2
 >>> from Numeric import *
 >>> a = arange(4)
 >>> a
array([0, 1, 2, 3])
 >>> a.shape = (2, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ValueError: total size of new array must be unchanged

This is with Python 2.4 and Numeric 23.7. Before looking into this
myself, I thought I'd ask here, perhaps someone has already found a
fix.

Konrad.
-------
Konrad Hinsen