[Numpy-discussion] Response to PEP suggestions

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Feb 18 14:07:24 EST 2005

>> Do you mean have register each of the 21 different types of arrays
>> as  a new type object?   Hmm.   That is an interesting idea.   I'm a
>> little worried
>
> Yes. It only costs a bit of memory for the type objects, so why not?

Let me see if i understand you here.  Since the type of the array is
bascially handled by the
PyArray_Descr*  structure.   Are you suggesting turning that into a
full-fledged PythonObject with
new type?   I had thought of this before since it's basically calling
for us to do something like that.  Or do you have something else in mind?

-Travis