[Numpy-discussion] Numeric3

Peter Verveer verveer at embl.de
Sat Feb 5 09:43:52 EST 2005

I did not realize fully what matplotlib intents to do, so it seems I
picked a bad example, my apologies for that...

But I think your answers point out quite well that it may be worth to
go this route. Sure, people will need to adapt their packages, but it
will be worth it for all of us in the long run.

I do agree with your remarks about possible problems with having a
third incompatible package. But I think the goal would be to get that
package in the Python core, and to make actually sure that it is not
incompatible with numarray and scipy.  I suppose when it does go into
the core, everybody will have to be compatible to some level.

Peter