[Numpy-discussion] A request for new distributions

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Jan 6 06:55:24 EST 2005

I'm catching up with half a year of back postings on the numpy list,
and the messages about automatically using vecLib on the macintosh
sound very interesting.

I maintain the official Package Manager databases for MacPython (which
allow users to install a handful of common packages with one
mouseclick), and Numeric and numarray have been in there since day one.
I'm revising all the packages again at the moment (I do that about once
a year, or on request), and I had to manually fiddle Numeric 23.6 to
actually build on the Mac. This is a bit of a bother, as I have to keep
a separate source distribution in stead of just referring to the
official one, but more important is the fact that neither Numeric nor
numarray support vecLib out of the box.

So, a plea for help: I don't know what the usual frequency for Numeric
and numarray distributions is, but it would be very helpful for me (and
for anyone using Numeric/numarray on the Mac) if new distributions were
available that contained the fixes mentioned in the november
discussions...
Goldman