[Numpy-discussion] Speeding up numarray -- questions on its design

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Thu Jan 20 06:37:36 EST 2005

On a different note, we will update the numarray home page to better
reflect the current situation regard to Numeric, particularly to
clarify that there is no official consensus regarding it as a
replacement for Numeric (but also to spell out what the differences are
so that people wondering about which to use will have a better idea to
base their choice on, and to give an idea of what our development plans
and priorities are).

We're fairly busy at the moment so it may take a few days for such
updates to the web page to happen. I'll post a message when that
happens so that those interested can look at them and provide comments
if they feel they are not accurate.

I'll also contact Paul Dubois about updating the numpy page.

Perry