[Numpy-discussion] updating Numeric

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Sat Jan 22 08:41:16 EST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

I'm not as negative on this as one might guess. While not as nice as
having one package that satifies both extremes (small vs large), making
the two have identical behavior for the capabilities they share would
make life much easier for users and those that want to write libraries
that support both. (Though note that I'm not sure it would be possible
to subclass one to get the other as I noted in my reply to Paul, though
I would like to be proved wrong). So I consider this a positive step
myself.

Perry