[Numpy-discussion] How to build debug version of numarray-1.3.2?

Paul Lucek plucek at ssaris.com
Tue Jun 14 08:08:13 EDT 2005

I am writing Python extensions that use numarray in MS VS.NET 2003. I would
like to be able to debug the extensions in the .NET debugger. I am able to
do this with my extensions that do not need numarray. However, I can not
"import numarray" into a "python_d.exe" session.

I have tried to build numarray with "python_d setup.py build --debug" and
then tried "import numarray" under "python_d.exe" and get the following
message:

>>> import numarray
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numarray\__init__.py", line 42, in ?
from numarrayall import *
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numarray\numarrayall.py", line 1, in ?
from numerictypes import *
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numarray\numerictypes.py", line 33, in
?
from typeconv import typeConverters as _typeConverters
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numarray\typeconv.py", line 6, in ?
import _conv
ImportError: Module use of python24.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.
[47426 refs]

Any ideas/help would be appreciated. I could not find any faq's or howto's
on this.

NOTICE-  This communication (including any attachments) contains
confidential and/or privileged information and is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed for a
specific purpose and is protected by law.  Any review, use,
distribution, disclosure, alteration, copying, transmittal or
re-transmittal by persons who are not intended recipients of this
communication may be a violation of law and is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please permanently delete all
copies of this communication and any attachments from your computer
system, destroy any hard copies, and immediately notify the sender or
SSARIS Advisors, LLC at compliance at ssaris.com or (203) 328-7200.
No waiver of confidentiality or privilege is made by mistransmission.

Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual
sender.  This communication and any attachments hereto are for
informational purposes only and should not be construed as an offer
to sell interests or shares in any investment vehicle managed by SSARIS
Advisors, LLC or its affiliates.  Any information regarding trading
performance must be considered in conjunction with the appropriate
disclosure documents.  Past performance is not necessarily indicative
of future results.

SSARIS Advisors, LLC reserves the right to monitor all communications
through its networks.