[Numpy-discussion] Current state of performance?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Tue Mar 22 13:39:38 EST 2005

I'm curious as to the current state of numarray vs. Numeric performance.
My code is a mix at the moment:
- Numeric: coordinate conversion code that was written before numarray
was very solid and makes heavy use of small matrices.
- numarray: some image processing stuff that uses PyFits (which uses
numarray).

I'd like to settle on one package. At one time numarray was at a clear
disadvantage for small arrays, but was wondering if that was still true.

Any advice?

-- Russell