[Numpy-discussion] ANN: numarray-1.2.3

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Thu Mar 3 11:40:22 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 14:13, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 10:32, Todd Miller wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 12:48, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > what is the cvs command to update to the exact same 1.2.3 version  using
> > > cvs?
> >
> > % cvs update -r v1_2_3
>
> I just did this - but comparing with the 1.2.3 from sourceforge I have some
> files, e.g.
> Examples/ufunc/Src/airy.h
> only in the CVS version !?

airy.h exists now for me on both the CVS head and 1.2.3.  airy.h did not
always exist throughout the entire pre-release lifespan of version 1.2
so if you did a checkout (cvs checkout numarray or cvs update numarray)
and saw 1.2,  there's no guarantee what the state of airy.h would have
been.

CVS versions just tend to be stale.  I tag CVS and change the numarray
version only when I do a tarball or semi-formal tests involving other
people.  Also note that CVS can be used with dates rather than version
numbers or tags,  so there is some recourse even when
numarray.__version__ isn't telling the whole story.

Regards,
Todd