[Numpy-discussion] Re: Trying out Numeric3

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Mar 18 11:35:15 EST 2005

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon wrote:

> I submitted a patch to sourceforge that modifies setup.py such that it
> uses distutils' stuff for the configuration. See patch #1165840.
>
> --Michiel.

Thank you so much.  I just had to modify it so that "." was added to the
path prior to trying config so it would work on my Linux box.   I'm not
an expert with distutils and so I appreciate this help greatly.
Eventually, we should probably put the other defines described in the
setup.py file in the config.h file as well.

-Travis