[Numpy-discussion] Performance of the array protocol

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Tue Nov 1 10:16:10 EST 2005

El dt 01 de 11 del 2005 a les 12:27 -0500, en/na Todd Miller va
escriure:
> I was working on improving this for numarray yesterday so some
> improvements are in CVS now.
>
> I moved some of the Python array interface properties down to C
> attributes and the performance ratio for my debug Python is now <2x for
> numarray-->Numeric.

Good! so for numarray-->Numeric we have really good performance now.

> numarray's array interface for Numeric-->numarray
> was degenerating to fromlist();   I added array interface "consumption"
> support for numerical arrays by beefing up numarray's array() function.

I'm not sure what are you saying here. You mean that in CVS there is
already code for Numeric-->numarray that does not degenerate to
fromlist() anymore? If this is the case, it's great news, of course.
I'll try it as soon as I can.

Thanks,

--
>0,0<   Francesc Altet     http://www.carabos.com/