[Numpy-discussion] Options for wrapping C and C++ code for use with Numeric

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 3 15:43:51 EST 2005

Bruce Southey wrote:
> Hi,
> I found SWIG extremely to use but it only exposes a function to Python but
> not to numpy. Thus it is very slow for matrix functions. So if you want
> speed then you will have to deal with the APIs.

Yes, but can't I deal with them in writing typemaps, and then let SWIG
do the rest of the work? I think I've seen some examples like this
somewhere, but it's been a while and I need to go digging more.

Anyone got one?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov