[Numpy-discussion] Re: ANN: numarray-1.4.0

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:51:57 EDT 2005

Hi-

> 4. scipy newcore compatible lower case type names (e.g. int32 not Int32)

Is this actually true? For example, numarray.Float64 exists as before,
but numarray.float64 does not.

> 5. scipy newcore 'dtype' keyword and .dtypechar attribute.

And more generally, is there any more information on the relationship
between numarray and scipy_core? Will numarray be phased out eventually
(i.e., should we start moving over to scipy?)?

But in any event thanks for the hard work!

Andrew