[Numpy-discussion] Re: Purchasing Documentation

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:00:51 EDT 2005

Francesc Altet wrote:

>Also, until ready-for-production scipy_core arrives, I'd ask you (and
>the maintainers of scipy_core) to provide an array protocol to share
>data as efficiently as possible between numarray and scipy_core, just
>to easy the transition between the packages. If you want, we will be
>happy to collaborate on that area as well.

There is an array protocol in place already  (see the Array Interface
section on numeric.scipy.org). I think it is fully supported in numarray.

Also, I have a PEP for placing a simple array object in Python that is
nothing more than a shell for passing data around.    If somebody would
like to push that forward they are welcome.

Right now what I have is available in an SVN server.

http://svn.scipy.org/svn/PEP

get it with

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/PEP PEP

-Travis