[Numpy-discussion] scipy core now builds from svn

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk
Fri Sep 16 22:00:04 EDT 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:
> LUK ShunTim wrote:
>

>>> I got this time out error when I tried, several times.  :-(
>>>
>>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/scipy_core/!svn/vcc/default'
>>> svn: REPORT of '/svn/scipy_core/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read status
>>> line: Connection timed out (http://svn.scipy.org)
>>>
>>> Please see if this is an server configuration issue.
>

> No, it's an issue with your setup, not something on scipy's side.
>
> You are behind a proxy blocking REPORT requests.  See this for details:
>
> http://www.sipfoundry.org/tools/svn-tips.html
>
> which says:
>
> What does 'REPORT request failed' mean?
>
> When I try to check out a subversion repository
>
>   > svn co http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/project/main project
>
> I get an error like:
>
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/rep/project/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/rep/project/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://scm.sipfoundry.org)
>
> You are behind a web proxy that is not passing the WebDAV methods that
> subversion uses. You can work around the problem by using SSL to hide what
> you're doing from the proxy:
>
>   > svn co https://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/project/main project
>

> Cheers,

Thanks very much. However no luck. :-( I now got this error

> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/scipy_core/branches/newcore': 405 Method Not Allowed (https://svn.scipy.org)

with the suggested workaround. I guess I'll learn a bit about svn and
may be have to take it up with our system admin. In the mean time, is
CVS still available?

BTW, perhaps it might help people like me who are not familiar with svn
by putting this tip somethere in the download page.

Thanks again,
ST