[Numpy-discussion] How to install Numeric on Zope?

shashank karnik shashank_84 at rediffmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:34:04 EDT 2005

Hello everyone

Can anyone help me to install Numeric extension or package for my Zope server 2.4 version running on Windows Xp?

You see i am a beginner at python and zope both and need to use a product in Zope(GNOWSYS) which requires Python -Numeric and Python-XMLBase packages..

I downloaded the Numeric py package for Windows from this link

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/numpy/Numeric-23.8.win32-py2.4.exe?download

However...i cant figure out how to install it so that my Zope server recognises it.

The installer currently just installs the package so that it is recognised by the Python interpreter...but the Zope server is stored in Program Files on my machine..how do i make it understand that the Numeric package has been installed..

I tried putting the numeric folder in this path
C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\Products

But it doesnt work

Please help me out

If  think that this question should be asked on a Zope forum...please let me know!

Thank you