[Numpy-discussion] Re: g95 detection not working

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:53:03 EDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> Andrew Jaffe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> at least on my setup (OS X, Python 2.4.1, latest svn of numpy and
>> scipy), config_fc fails to recognize my g95 compiler, which was directly
>> downloaded from http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (and always has failed, I
>> think). This is because the current version string doesn't conform to
>> the regexp pattern; the version string is
>> """
>> G95 (GCC 4.0.3 (g95!) Apr 12 2006)
>> Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>
>> G95 comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>> You may redistribute copies of G95
>> under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
>> For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
>> """
>>
>> I've attached a patch below, although this identifies the version string
>> with the date of the release, rather than the gcc version; I'm not sure
>> which is the right one to use!
>
> We need the actual version number; in this case, "4.0.3".

Thanks -- OK, in that case the following regexp works for me:

     version_pattern = r'G95.*\(GCC (?P<version>.*) \(g95!\)'

But are there different versions of the version string?

Also on an unrelated f2py note: is the f2py mailing list being read by
the f2py developers? I've posted a question (about the status of F9x
"types") without reply...

Yours,

Andrew