[Numpy-discussion] Floating point exception with numpy and embedded python interpreter

Arkaitz Bitorika arkaitz.bitorika at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 09:24:03 EDT 2006

Andrew,

I've verified that the function causes the exception when embedded in
the program but not when used from a simple C program with just a main
() function. The successful version iterates 31 times over the for
loop while the crashing one fails the 30th time that it does "pinf *=
mul".

Now we know exactly where the crash is, but no idea how to fix it ;).
It doesn't look it should be related to SSE2 flags, it's just doing a
big multiplication, but I don't know enough about low level C and
floating point operations to understand why it may be throwing the
exception there. Any idea how I could avoid that function crashing?

Thanks,
Arkaitz