[Numpy-discussion] Broadcasting rules (Ticket 76).

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 14:56:12 EDT 2006

Is that a representative example?   It seems highly unlikely that in real
life every one of the schools would have exactly 20 classes, and each of
those exactly 30 students.  I don't know anything about R or the way things
are typically done with statistical languages -- maybe this is the norm
there -- but from a pure CompSci data structures perspective, a 3D array
seems ill-suited for this type of hierarchical data.  Something more
flexible, along the lines of a Python list of list of list, seems more
apropriate.

--bill