[Numpy-discussion] Warnings in NumPy SVN

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Apr 27 11:17:02 EDT 2006

Sasha wrote:

>On 4/27/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>The function (or macro) needs to implement the operation on the basic
>>data-type and if necessary set an error-flag in the floating-point
>>registers.
>>
>>If anybody has time to help implement these basic operations, it would
>>be greatly appreciated.
>>

>I can help.  To make sure we don't duplicate our effort, let's do the following:

Thanks for your help.

>1. I will add place-holders for all the necessary functions to make
>

>them return "NotImplemented".

The Python-object-returning functions are already there.   All that is
missing is the ctype functions to actually do the computation.   So, I'm
not sure what you mean.

>2. I will then follow up with the list of functions that need to be
>filled out and we can then split the work.

This would be good to get a list.   Some of the functions may require
some repetition of what's in umathmodule.c.    Let's just do the
repetition for now and think about code refactoring after we know better
what is actually duplicated.

>3. We will also need to write tests that will make sure scalars behave
>similar to dimensionless arrays.  If anyone would like to help with
>this, it will be greately appreciated.  No C coding skills are
>necessary for that.

Tests would be necessary to ensure consistency.

Thanks for jumping in...

-Travis