[Numpy-discussion] Trac Wikis closed for anonymous edits until further notice

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Tue Apr 18 13:10:02 EDT 2006

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:

> We've been hit badly by spammers, so I can only presume our Trac sites are now
> on the traded spam lists. I am going to turn off anonymous edits for now. Ticket
> creation will probably still be left open for now.

Another thing that's concerned me is closing of tickets by anonymous;
can we turn that off? It disturbs me when I'm browsing the RSS feed
and I see that. If a user who's not a developer thinks it could be
closed, they could post a comment saying that, and a developer could
close it.

> Many thanks to David Cooke for quickly removing the spam.

The RSS feeds are great for that. Although having a way to quickly
revert a change would have made it easier :-)

> I am looking into ways to allow people to register themselves with the Trac
> sites so they can edit the Wikis and submit tickets without needing to be added
> by a project admin.

that'd be good.