[Numpy-discussion] numpy vs numarray

Louis Cordier lcordier at point45.com
Tue Aug 1 04:05:46 EDT 2006

> I listened to this and it looks like Sergio Ray is giving an intro class
> on scientific computing with Python and has some concepts confused.   We
> should take this as a sign that we need to keep doing a good job of
> educating people.

I'm on UTC+02:00 so only just saw there have been a few posts. Basically my
issue was with numarray going to replace NumPy, and that the recording was
only a few months old, sitting on the web where newcomers to Python will
undoubtedly find it.

I thought the proper thing to do would be to ask the 411 site to just
append a footnote explaining that some of the info is out-dated. I just
didn't want to do it without getting the groups opinion first.

Regards, Louis.

--
Louis Cordier <lcordier at point45.com> cell: +27721472305
Point45 Entertainment (Pty) Ltd. http://www.point45.org