[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Python Enthought Edition 1.0.0 Released

Bryce Hendrix bhendrix at enthought.com
Wed Aug 2 13:46:12 EDT 2006

Enthought is pleased to announce the release of Python Enthought Edition
Version 1.0.0 (http://code.enthought.com/enthon/) -- a python
distribution for Windows.

About Python Enthought Edition:
-------------------------------
Python 2.4.3, Enthought Edition is a kitchen-sink-included Python
distribution for Windows including the following packages out of the box:

Numpy
SciPy
IPython
Enthought Tool Suite
wxPython
PIL
mingw
MayaVi
Scientific Python
VTK
and many more...

More information is available about all Open Source code written and
released by Enthought, Inc. at http://code.enthought.com

1.0.0 Release Notes
-------------------------

A lot of work has gone into testing this release, and it is our most
stable release to date, but there are a couple of caveats:

* The generated documentation index entries are missing. The full text
search does work and the table of contents is complete, so this feature
will be pushed to version 1.1.0.

* IPython may cause problems when starting the first time if a previous
version of IPython was ran. If you see "WARNING: could not import user
config", either follow the directions which follow the warning.

* Some users are reporting that older matplotlibrc files are not
compatible with the version of matplotlib installed with this release.
Please refer to the matplotlib mailing list
(http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=80706) for further help.

We are grateful to everyone who has helped test this release. If you'd
like to contribute or report a bug, you can do so at
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought.