[Numpy-discussion] Reverting changes on Wiki, contacting users

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Wed Aug 2 16:53:48 EDT 2006

David wrote:

>Stephan Tolksdorf wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>A user named jlc46 is misusing the wiki page "Installing SciPy/Windows"
>>to ask for help on his installation problems. How can I
>>a) contact him in order to ask him to post his questions on the mailing
>>lists, and
>>

>You cannot find out his email address as a normal wiki-user.
>Alternatively, you may add a note at the top of the wiki-page.
>

>>b) most easily revert changes to wiki-pages?
>>

>"Normally", you will have a revert link at each version (if you have
>'admin'-permission) at the page-info:
>http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/Installing_SciPy/Windows?action=info
>
>I assume that the people listed on
>http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/Installing_SciPy/EditorsGroup
>have this 'admin' permission. Maybe you can be added.

Stephan, I just added you to http://scipy.org/Wiki/EditorsGroup , so you
should now have "revert" among your options in the "get info" page.

The changes by jlc46, I agree, don't look like what we want up there in
the long term. However, they do look like valid issues (s)he had while
trying to follow the instructions on that page. Not being much of a
Windows user myself, I have no idea what the issues involved are, but
perhaps before simply reverting them you could get to the bottom of the
issue?